1. What is the STAP budget?
The Dutch Government has implemented a new subsidy as of the 1st of March 2022 for training and schooling purposes. The subsidy is called STAP. STAP stands for Stimulering Arbeidsmarkt Positie (stimulating your position within the labour market). This subsidy has been created to do exactly that: to help stimulate and improve your position within the labour market by means of offering a budget for training and educational courses or retraining in order to be able to work in a different role. The government makes it possible for individuals to apply for a maximum compensation of € 1.000 per year. You can use this compensation to contribute fully or partly towards paying for a course or training with a recognized educational or training institution, which could help improve your position within the labour market.
2. Who can apply for the STAP budget ?
The Stap budget is meant for all employees and job seekers who want to improve their chances on the labour market.
In order to be able to apply for the STAP-budget you have to meet the following requirements:
- You are 18 years or older.
- You are not receiving AOW.
- You must have worked, lived or received benefits in the Netherlands during the past 24 months.
- You have not yet received a STAP budget this calendar year.
3. How can you apply for the STAP budget ?
Below the steps you need to take to book a Kickstart School Language course using the STAP budget:
- Look at the overview of the Kickstart School courses for which you can use the STAP budget and choose the one that is right for you. STAP-UWV has decided that language courses need to be at B1 CEFR level or higher.
- Let us know which type of course you want to attend by filling in the pre-registration form below. You can choose from: two Dutch group courses (48 hours),
three Dutch group courses (72 hours),
two English group courses (45 hours) or three
English group courses (67.5 hours). The group courses need to be booked within a 12 month period. You can also choose a Dutch individual course (15 hours) or an English individual course (15 hours). The individual courses need to be completed within a 3 month period. Please note that the maximum STAP budget amount is €1000.
- We will process your pre-registration and send you a STAP registration certificate document (STAP-aanmeldingsbewijs).
- You must upload this certificate to the UWV on 1 May 2023 at 10:00 via https://www.stapuwv.nl/zelfregelen using your DigiD. The budget will run out within a couple of hours so you have to log in before 10:00 to be on time.
- The UWV will process your STAP registration certificate and will officially let you know whether your registration for the course at Kickstart School course using the STAP budget is approved.
- As soon as we have received confirmation that you have received confirmation from the UWV, we will contact you with more information.
4. Which Kickstart School Dutch and English courses can you choose from in this period?
DUTCH GROUP COURSES - 48 hours - Flexible start date - Remote or Face to face - €780
DUTCH GROUP COURSES - 72 hours - Flexible start date - Remote or Face to face - €1170
DUTCH PRIVATE COURSE - 15 hours - Flexible start date - Remote or Face to face - €975
ENGLISH GROUP COURSES -
45 hours - Flexible start date - Remote or Face to face - €780
ENGLISH GROUP COURSES -
67.5 hours - Flexible start date Remote or Face to face - €1170
ENGLISH PRIVATE COURSE - 15 hours - Flexible start date - Remote or Face to face - €975
5. Fill out pre-registration
Do you meet all of the above requirements and would you like to register for a Kickstart School course using the STAP subsidy? Then please fill out the form below.
Is this your first time at Kickstart School? Test your level