Are you an au pair or do you have an au pair who needs to speak some basic Dutch?
This Dutch course for beginners has been specifically developed to help au pairs to quickly learn essential Dutch phrases to facilitate communication with children, whilst making new friends.
My time doing the Dutch course with kickstart was very informative and I enjoyed it. I learnt a lot about the Language, and I made some good friends. I would recommend the school to anyone want to learn about the language.
It was great I’ve learnt a lot not only learnt how to speak Dutch or say certain phrases, but I've also learnt a lot about the Dutch culture what an excellent teacher we have had.
Learning was quite easy and fun, especially with Joke's help. The study materials were great and were completely utilized on the whole duration of the sessions.
I had a Dutch course for au pairs, that gave me general understanding of the language. Which is a good start and basis if I decide to continue with Dutch language in the future.
It was nice to learn Dutch with Joke, even if sometimes I cannot understand everything. The zoom classes were nice. I think I'm now able to understand some basic words from my kids or host parents, or even in the supermarket.
Dutch is very far from my first language (Portuguese), so at some point in the course I knew I wouldn't be able to speak fluently when this was over. However. the teacher made the experience very enjoyable and fun. I am able now to pick up on some phrases with my host family and even say short phrases too. I am really satisfied.
Overview - Basic Dutch for Au Pairs Course
Language during lesson
Dutch (30%) and English (70%)
Duration per lesson
1.5-2 hours per lesson
Course Content and Learning Goals - Basic Dutch for Au Pairs Course
Topics covered in your course include:
- Greeting the children and asking about their day
- Daily care, including instructions for meal times and getting dressed
- Playtime and reading to the children
- Talking about their environment (animals, shops, etc.)
- Traffic safety and emergencies, including questions about aches, pains, and injuries
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Greet the children and ask about their day
- Give instructions for meal times and getting dressed to the children
- Talk with the children during playtime and read to them
- Talk about the children’s environment (animals, shops, etc.)
- Deal with traffic safety and emergencies, including questions about aches, pains, and injuries
- Survive in everyday situations in shops and restaurants
Practical Information - Basic Dutch for Au Pairs Course
€350 (including all course materials); details of host family must be provided.
A folder specifically designed for the course will be provided, free of charge.
N.B 1. We recommend German and South African (Afrikaans-speaking) au pairs to begin with a higher-level Dutch course. After completing some self-study materials, South African au pairs may begin with Stepping Stone I and German au pairs may begin with Stepping Stone II. Please contact us for advice.
N.B. 2 Some knowledge of English is required to take this course. A minimum of four students is required for a course to begin.
These courses might be next: