Do you really want to make improvements to your Dutch conversation and understanding?
Kickstart School’s Stepping Stone IV course will rapidly improve your Dutch skills.
I started a Dutch course at Kickstart School and I quickly started to use the language more often and with more confidence. The course materials were great, I found it nice that during the course we had time equally for reading, writing, and speaking. I recommend this school to everybody who is eager to learn Dutch!
I had a good experience with the course, the teacher was patient and guided through everything well. The fact that it was online was very convenient. I appreciated the fact I could do two courses back to back with the same teacher
The course was fun, a lot of speaking, a lot of homework and I feel that I have greatly improved in this course, I even feel confident enough to have whole conversations in Dutch. So thank you Paul, it was a pleasure!
Loads of exercises, speaking, writing and motivated teachers! You had always a chance to practice more and challenge your skills. Online learning environment was really helpful.
The course is fun! The teacher helps in all the aspects; reading, speaking, listening and writing. The experience during the course is not boring at all, the teacher provide different things to work on together. I learned also dutch culture during the course. I will defenetily reccommend to my friends or my fellow foreigners if they want to learn dutch better!
I am very happy with the instructor I have and also the help/ instructions that I receive from the administrative staff from Kickstart. Also, they are very student-friendly and helpful, we have opened another Stepping Stone 5 course with our instructor upon our request and I think that is amazing that they fulfill our request.
This intermediate Dutch course:
provides an opportunity for you to consolidate and enhance your language skills in a fun and meaningful way by exploring topics relating to Dutch culture, lifestyle, and history.
- Grammatical structures are also revised.
- The course focuses on improving spoken fluency by discussing newspaper articles, graded readers, film clips, and songs.
- Relevant writing assignments are also included in the programme.
We have different options for the Stepping Stone IV:
- We cateren voor mensen die 1 x per week les willen hebben maar ook voor hen die juist liever 2 x per week willen.
- We offer courses both face-to-face or remote via Zoom.
- For people who cannot come on a weekday due to work, we have weekend courses.
Please be aware that in the face to face courses there is no option of joining remotely. If you have to miss the class due to sickness or other reasons, you can catch up in self-study or we can offer you a catch up lesson at a reduced price.
Overview - Stepping Stone IV Dutch Course
Language during lesson
Duration per lesson
2-3 hours per lesson
Course Content and Learning Goals - Stepping Stone IV Dutch Course
Topics covered in your course include:
- Economy and housing market
- Water management
- Dutch art, culture, and society
- The Golden Age
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Talk about feelings, professions and current affairs in a more accurate way
- Understand detailed instructions
- Summarize information in an adequate way and pass on the information with relative ease
- Have conversations with native speakers in such a way that they do not need to slow down
- Write letters of application or formal letters
- Give pro’s and cons in a debate
Practical Information - Stepping Stone IV Dutch Course
€360 (excluding the book; including all other course materials); €320 for students/au pairs (student card number/details of host family must be provided).
Nederlands op Niveau (chapters 1-3); ISBN 9789046904411, €48,50; Kickstart School folder of materials.
These courses might be next: