Do you really want to make improvements to your Dutch conversation and understanding?
Kickstart School’s Stepping Stone IV course will rapidly improve your Dutch skills.
I started a Dutch course at Kickstart School and I quickly started to use the language more often and with more confidence. The course materials were great, I found it nice that during the course we had time equally for reading, writing, and speaking. I recommend this school to everybody who is eager to learn Dutch!
The course had clear expectations , the learning was thorough. It was fun and we were encouraged to speak. No one judged you.
I very much enjoyed the recent Stepping Stone IV course I attended. I liked the varied content of the course and the opportunity to borrow books from the language school to read
I had bad experience with online language course before, but this one was very good. We have good cooperation with other students and the teacher was always prepared for the lesson and tried to keep us active, which was not easy late in the evening
The course is fun! The teacher helps in all the aspects; reading, speaking, listening and writing. The experience during the course is not boring at all, the teacher provide different things to work on together. I learned also dutch culture during the course. I will defenetily reccommend to my friends or my fellow foreigners if they want to learn dutch better!
This intermediate Dutch course:
provides an opportunity for you to consolidate and enhance your language skills in a fun and meaningful way by exploring topics relating to Dutch culture, lifestyle, and history.
- Grammatical structures are also revised.
- The course focuses on improving spoken fluency by discussing newspaper articles, graded readers, film clips, and songs.
- Relevant writing assignments are also included in the program.
We have different options for the Stepping Stone IV:
- Our Stepping Stone IV courses are offered as once-a-week courses. if you are looking for a more intensive course, you can do Stepping Stone V and IV at the same time but on different days.
- We offer courses both face-to-face or remotely via Zoom.
- For people who cannot come on a weekday due to work, we have weekend courses.
Please be aware that in the face-to-face courses, there is no option of joining remotely. If you have to miss the class due to sickness or other reasons, you can catch up in self-study or we can offer you a catch-up lesson at a reduced price.
Overview - Stepping Stone IV Dutch Course
Language during lesson
Duration per lesson
2-3 hours per lesson
Course Content and Learning Goals - Stepping Stone IV Dutch Course
Topics covered in your course include:
- Economy and housing market
- Water management
- Dutch art, culture, and society
- The Golden Age
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Talk about feelings, professions and current affairs in a more accurate way
- Understand detailed instructions
- Summarize information in an adequate way and pass on the information with relative ease
- Have conversations with native speakers in such a way that they do not need to slow down
- Write letters of application or formal letters
- Give pro’s and cons in a debate
Practical Information - Stepping Stone IV Dutch Course
€390 (excluding the course book). Students/au pairs receive a €40 discount (student card number/details of host family must be provided).
Please note that it is possible to take both Stepping Stone III and Stepping stone IV or Stepping Stone IV and Stepping Stone V at the same time. Please contact us for more information.
Nederlands op Niveau (chapters 1-3); ISBN 9789046904411, €48,50; Kickstart School folder of materials.
These courses might be next: