Do you have a busy schedule but want to improve your academic English writing skills?
Kickstart School’s online academic writing course develops your academic writing skills through a series of exercises and assignments completed via KickstartNet, our online learning platform.Ask us anything
The teacher's comments are clear and helpful.
All correspondence is online, although an initial meeting with the teacher (face-to-face, by phone or via Skype) is required to assess your level and clarify your goals for the course.
Overview - Academic English Online Writing Course
Language during lesson
Duration per lesson
Course Content and Learning Goals - Academic English Online Writing Course
Topics covered in your course include:
- Sentences and paragraphs
- Paraphrasing, summarising, and note-taking
- Writing introductions and conclusions
- Describing processes, places, and objects
- Narrating and reporting
- Essays, reports, and abstracts
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Structure an academic text, using topic sentences, paragraphs and linking works appropriately
- Summarise and paraphrase information from multiple sources
- Maintain good grammatical control and demonstrate a range of academic vocabulary
- Present and develop an argument in a text, supporting your points with relevant examples
- Present complex information in writing in a straightforward, comprehensible manner
- Demonstrate effective note-taking
Practical Information - Academic English Online Writing Course
Price €420 for 8 lessons (including all course materials); additional lessons can be purchased for €52.50/lesson.
Kickstart School School adheres to a standard 24-hour cancellation policy. If a student would like to rearrange or cancel a lesson, Kickstart School/the teacher must be contacted at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise the full amount for that lesson will still be charge.
All course materials are included in KickstartNet, our free online learning platform – see below.
The course must be completed in a maximum period of 4 months
Lessons include a combination of exercises and longer written tasks, the latter of which are submitted to the teacher twice:
- First submission: Teacher highlights areas in need of attention then returns the work to the student for reflection and improvement.
- Second submission: Teacher provides more detailed comments, including tips and corrections where appropriate.
These courses might be next: