Do you want to take the next step on your Dutch language journey?
Then Kickstart School’s Stepping Stone I course will get you results. This Dutch course reinforces and expands upon basic grammar, develops vocabulary, and focuses on improving fluency in speaking to bring you to a pre-intermediate level (A2). The course introduces new vocabulary and grammatical structures in a communicative way. The lessons support active speaking.Ask us anything
The class organization was thoughtful and thorough, with opportunities to improve on reading, speaking, and listening to the language. Class sizes were small enough to allow for personal attention and instruction, and the online aswell as the printed exercises provided a lot of exercises for review and practice.
My experience with Kickstart so far so good. My challenge was to have the confidence to use vocabulary and difficulty grasping the Dutch grammar. The course gave me deep insight into the grammar and in addition to that I am now able to have short conversations with the people around me.
I very much enjoyed taking Stepping Stone I with teacher Jeanine. She's a great teacher and was very patient with us. The class size was also great and it allowed us to learn very quickly.
The Kickstart course has been a fantastic experience from start to finish. With the small class size and fabulous teaching. I have felt supported and encouraged throughout the course and being able to do it online was also a great addition. I really feel that my Dutch has improved, and I am looking forward to start the next Stepping Stone Course soon.
Everything was organised and efficient. The teacher was well prepared for each lesson and adapted as necessary to meet our needs. I learned more than I expected.
The course offered information clearly and quickly. The pace was fast but comprehension was manageable. I learned a lot in a short time and developed basic skills necessary to improve my Dutch in the future. The teacher was supportive, clear and helpful.
We have many different options for the Stepping Stone I:
- We have options for people who want to have lessons once a week, twice a week, in the morning or in the evening.
- We offer courses both face-to-face or remote via Zoom
- For people who cannot come on a weekday due to work, we have weekend courses.
- We also offer intensive courses such as one-week courses and the 2 week Double Your Dutch intensive course that combines Starterpack and Stepping Stone I.
Please be aware that in the face-to-face courses there is no option of joining remotely. If you have to miss the class due to sickness or other reasons, you can catch up in self-study or we can offer you a catch-up lesson at a reduced price.
Overview - Stepping Stone I
Language during lesson
50% Dutch and 50% English
Duration per lesson
2-3 hours per lesson
Course Content and Learning Goals - Stepping Stone I Dutch Course
Topics covered in your course include:
- Visiting friends and attending a birthday
- Using public transport
- Going to the cinema, doctor, and police station
- Phoning a helpdesk
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Do everything described at the A1 level but at a faster pace
- Speak about your routine, habits and hobbies
- Ask/give directions
- Describe complaints to a doctor
- Speaking about past and future events
- Tell a story and also describe the situation / context
- Use the modal verbs (+ infinitive) in the simple past
- Read and talk about a simplified book (graded reader)
- Write a simple e-mail of complaint
Practical Information - Stepping Stone I Dutch Course
- €360 (excluding the course book/including all course materials). Students/au pairs receive a €40 discount (student card number/details of host family must be provided).
- Nederlands in Gang (chapters 9-18); ISBN 9789046905609 €48.50.
- Kickstart School folder of materials
These courses might be next: