Do you want to take the next step on your Dutch language journey?
Then Kickstart School’s Stepping Stone I course will get you results. This Dutch course reinforces and expands upon basic grammar, develops vocabulary, and focuses on improving fluency in speaking to bring you to a pre-intermediate level (A2). The course introduces new vocabulary and grammatical structures in a communicative way. The lessons support active speaking.Ask us anything
I've never quite been able to grasp another language until now, especially so fast! My teacher Mrs.Achermam helped me learn at my own pace which was more than helpful, and the entire team at Kickstart was kind and supportive :D
The class follows a structured format and the teacher is willing to help students when they need the extra help, even offering extra time outside of course hours
I very much enjoyed taking Stepping Stone I with teacher Jeanine. She's a great teacher and was very patient with us. The class size was also great and it allowed us to learn very quickly.
The Kickstart course has been a fantastic experience from start to finish. With the small class size and fabulous teaching. I have felt supported and encouraged throughout the course and being able to do it online was also a great addition. I really feel that my Dutch has improved, and I am looking forward to start the next Stepping Stone Course soon.
A very well organised class with a good balance of writing, speaking, and comprehension. Best for self-motivated students who are able to commit to practicing through homework and active participation in class.
We have many different options for the Stepping Stone I:
- We have options for people who want to have lessons once a week, twice a week, in the morning or in the evening.
- We offer courses both face-to-face or remote via Zoom
- For people who cannot come on a weekday due to work, we have weekend courses.
- We also offer intensive courses such as one-week courses and the 2 week Double Your Dutch intensive course that combines Starterpack and Stepping Stone I.
Please be aware that in the face-to-face courses there is no option of joining remotely. If you have to miss the class due to sickness or other reasons, you can catch up in self-study or we can offer you a catch-up lesson at a reduced price.
Overview - Stepping Stone I
Language during lesson
50% Dutch and 50% English
Duration per lesson
2-3 hours per lesson
Course Content and Learning Goals - Stepping Stone I Dutch Course
Topics covered in your course include:
- Visiting friends and attending a birthday
- Using public transport
- Going to the cinema, doctor, and police station
- Phoning a helpdesk
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Do everything described at the A1 level but at a faster pace
- Speak about your routine, habits and hobbies
- Ask/give directions
- Describe complaints to a doctor
- Speaking about past and future events
- Tell a story and also describe the situation / context
- Use the modal verbs (+ infinitive) in the simple past
- Read and talk about a simplified book (graded reader)
- Write a simple e-mail of complaint
Practical Information - Stepping Stone I Dutch Course
- €390 (excluding the course book). Students/au pairs receive a €40 discount (student card number/details of host family must be provided).
- Nederlands in Gang (chapters 10-18); ISBN 9789046905609 €48.50.
- Kickstart School folder of materials
These courses might be next: