Does your child struggle with English in school? Is grammar a little scary for them?
Or does your child just want to get stronger in English speaking, listening, reading, grammar and writing? Kickstart School offers fun and meaningful lessons for children who wish to learn English and communicate with confidence. Our courses involve specially-designed materials and activities, including songs, story-telling, and a variety of educational games. Our learning approach creates an enjoyable, positive, and safe learning environment and provides a different experience to regular school.
English is a global language. Gaining more confidence in English skills is a skill for life, wherever your child may end-up living.
If your children are not getting enough help at school, we can support them with focused, positive attention on exactly the skills they need to succeed. Our private/small group lessons help children achieve both short and long term academic goals.
English courses for Kids and Teens are usually organised as a private or small group course , arranged to suit the schedule and language learning needs of each child. Most of the time, it is only possible to arrange children’s lessons on a private, one-to-one basis. However, lessons can sometimes be shared between two (or more) children if:
- the children are the same age (or very close in age),
- the children have the same language level, and
- the children are available to take the lessons at the same time. In our experience, children’s schedules are usually quite busy and hard to coordinate between separate families, as well as the teacher’s schedule. However, it is sometimes possible.
To view group courses offered at Kickstart School for Kids and teens Click here
I would like to thank Shashi for the wonderful lessons you gave to Alexandre and Antoine! They were very enthusiastic, happy to go to every class and even to do the homework! They had fun and for sure they learned a lot. Now, they feel more confident to start in their new school.
The course was tailored exactly to our needs and wishes, which was preparing our daugther to go back from the Dutch to the Britisch school system. The teachers were really nice and our daughter loved to attend the classes. Still they covered a lot of material. A big plus was the flexibility of fitting her lessons into her tight schedule.
De kinderen hebben door de korte cursus een stuk meer zelfvertrouwen om met de familie in Amerika te communiceren.
Katie is engaged and committed to teaching my son with enthusiasm. She shows empathy and interest to understand his personality. She gave me advice when I asked her. My son enjoyed the lessons and has developed emotionally, socially and linguistically.
Great approach! Perfect teaching skills!
Een heel plezierige docent voor kinderen. Het lesaanbod is goed en kinderen leren er veel van en onthouden het ook echt! Een aanrader!
- Compare a school classroom with private language lessons and you will see how 1:1 tutoring can really help your child.
- At school, the language teacher has to stay on schedule and help a whole roomful of children of all abilities. If your child is confused, they may not get the extra help they need. As confusion grows, confidence and learning slows.
- With private/small group lessons, a patient, supportive teacher will focus on the problem areas without embarrassment on the child’s part. Grammar points can be repeated until your child understands them.
- The lessons can also help your child prepare for classroom assignments, such as tests and as they get older help prepare for end of school exams or further education entrance exams. Specific test-taking skills can be taught for example for Cambridge English exams or IELTS. Progress is continually reviewed with the parents to ensure that your child’s language goals are met.
The private lessons are taught in quiet, modern classrooms at a central location in The Hague, in the beautiful Archipel area close to The Hague Centraal Station or at a location of your preference (in this case we may have to charge travel costs). We offer morning, afternoon, evening and weekend lessons, and we are happy to adjust your child’s schedule of lessons (with proper notice, of course).
Overview - Private English for Kids & Teens
1:1 or small group (1 to 4)
Language during lesson
Duration per lesson
Flexible (recommend 30/45/60 mins)
5 hours minimum
Course Content and Learning Goals - English for Children
Topics covered in your course include:
- Sentence structure
- Reading comprehension
- Test taking skills
Languages are forever. Whatever your child may end up doing, speaking a second language is always helpful.
Practical Information - English for Children
For children from one family:
1 child: €65/hr
2 children: €70/hr
3 children: €75/hr
4 children: €80/hr
For children from two different families:
2 children: €80/hr
3 children: €85/hr
4 children: €90/hr
Course books are not included. All other materials are provided for a cost of €10 per 10-hour package.
Kickstart School adheres to a standard 24-hour cancellation policy. If a student would like to rearrange or cancel a lesson, Kickstart School/the teacher must be contacted at least 24 hours in advance, otherwise the full amount for that lesson will still be charged. Including rescheduled lessons, the total duration of the course cannot exceed 1.5 times the originally-planned course duration. Lessons left over after this period will be forfeited.
Group English courses for Kids & Teens