After course I a, course I b prepares you further for the HSK1 exam, which you will be able to pass after this course.
You will continue to practise with the textbook and exam material in which reading, speaking and listening are discussed in detail. Some attention will also be paid to writing the basic characters. In addition, you will receive information about - mainly contemporary - Chinese culture.
I attended two courses of Chinese at the Kickstartschool since January 2020 (with the corona they swifted fluently to remote lessons, my compliments!) and I can really say I'm able to talk and understand some Chinese. Loved the classes; not too quick or slow and we discussed interesting subjects. Higly recommandable!
The course Communicating in Chinese 2 was taught by a very enthusiastic teacher. The pace of the course was good, there was enough attention for every student. I enjoyed taking the course very much.
You will have plenty of opportunity to train your listening skills in class, but especially on KickstartNet, our digital learning environment. The grammar in this course will be a bit more difficult and by expanding the vocabulary you will be able to have a longer conversation.
With the HSK1 diploma you can show that you have reached a first level, which helps in your contacts with Chinese business partners or while studying or working in China. It is not compulsory to take the exam, but practising for it is a very effective way to learn.
The language of instruction in the course is English, which makes this course suitable for both Dutch and Expats. Young adults are also more than welcome. In this course you will find the ideal combination of increasing your communication skills with targeted exam training.
Overview - Chinese Course I b - HSK 1
Language during lesson
Chinese and English
Duration per lesson
2-3 hours per lesson
Course Content and Learning Goals - Chinese Course I b - HSK 1
Topics covered in your course include:
- Continuing lessons in pinyin and the tonal system
- Relevant grammar and vocabulary
- Functional language e.g. phrases for conversation
- Information on cultural norms and traditions
- Practical communicative activities
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Know how to talk about amounts of money
- Talk about the weather
- Talk about Hobbies
- Turn sentences into questions in a number of ways
- Ask and make sentences indicating location
- Talk about things that happened in the past and get knowledge of action in progress
- make sentences indicating change with “了”
- Basic knowledge of modal verb “会” and “能”
- Make imperative sentences with “请”
- Make a phone call, exchange telephone numbers
- Learn pinyin with more rules (e.g independent sounds, rules for tones)
Practical Information - Chinese Course I b - HSK 1
€360 (excluding the book); €320 for students/au pairs (student card number/details of host family must be provided).
Integrated Chinese 1 Textbook: Simplified Characters ; ISBN: 978-1-62291-135-6, €57,60.
If you purchase the book at Kickstart School the price is reduced to €54
This book is used for all course levels.
These courses might be next: