Would you like to follow a course aimed at being able to speak and read everyday Chinese?
This course, together with course II b, prepares you also for the HSK2 exam.
Due to the small group size and the flexibility of the teacher we have had a great learning experience. I already look forward to our next course!
This was already the fourth Chinese language course that I took at Kickstart which says enough already! Good teacher and nice small group
The course is tailored to student's needs. Our teacher is really flexible and takes time to make sure we truly understand all the topics
Of course, there is plenty of time for writing simple characters and for getting acquainted with Chinese culture. You will work on improving both your listening and speaking skills. On KickstartNet, our learning platform, you can also practice a lot at home. Having short conversations is part of the lessons.
With the HSK2 exam on your CV you will show that you already have a basic knowledge of Chinese, which can help you when working with Chinese business partners or to study or work in China. If you do not wish to take the exam, this is not a problem. Working with HSK practice material ensures that you are very active with the language.
The language spoken in class is English, which makes the course suitable for both Dutch and expats. This course is also ideal for young adults. Besides the fact that you are working towards an exam, the course is mainly aimed at increasing your communication skills.
Overview - Chinese Course II a - HSK 2
Language during lesson
Chinese and English
Duration per lesson
2-3 hours per lesson
Course Content and Learning Goals - Chinese Course II a - HSK 2
Topics covered in your course include:
- Continuing lessons in pinyin and the tonal system
- Continuing relevant grammar and vocabulary
- Functional language e.g. phrases for conversation
- Information on cultural norms and traditions
- Practical communicative activities
- Writing of more common Chinese characters
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Talk about things that will happen in the future
- Make plans
- Know how to use “的”and“得”
- Make sentence to emphasize time, place, etc.
- Know more about modal verbs, e.g. “会” and “能”
- Have basic conversations at the doctors
- Use appropriate language to indicate direction/place
- Use appropriate language to express gratitude and wishes
- Make sentences with conjunction words
- Know more about sentences that indicate an action in progress
- Write a short letter
- Use pinyin and the tonal systems in better ways
Practical Information - Chinese Course II a - HSK 2
€360 (excluding the book); €320 for students/au pairs (student card number/details of host family must be provided).
Integrated Chinese 1 Textbook: Simplified Characters; ISBN: 978-1-62291-135-6, €57,60.
If you purchase the book at Kickstart School the price is reduced to €54
This book is used for all course levels.
- HSK Standard Course 2: Textbook; ISBN: 9787561937266, ± €29 (optional)
- HSK Standard Course 2: Workbook; ISBN: 9787561937808, ± €14 (optional)
These courses might be next: