After the Chinese course II a you can continue with II b to prepare yourself for the HSK2 exam.
You will work on the final chapters of the book and use exam material to improve your language skills. You will also put attention into writing the basic characters.
I had a really good time at Kickstart and an even better Teacher (Jia). She was very patient and explained everything so well.
I have a nice interaction with other students and the teacher is able to instruct us accordingly.
very smooth process, the teacher I had was fantastic and worked very well with me and took time outside of class hours to help me.
You will have plenty of opportunity to train your listening skills in class but also in our digital learning environment, KickstartNet. The grammar in this course will be further expanded and by enlarging the vocabulary you will also be able to have somewhat longer conversations.
With the HSK2 diploma in your pocket, you can show that you have reached a second level of basic Chinese, which helps in communicating with Chinese partners or to study or work in China. It is not necessary to take the exam, but practicing for it is a very effective way to learn.
English is spoken in class and this ensures that both Dutch and Expats can participate in the course. Also for young adults this course is an ideal combination of increasing your communication skills with targeted exam training.
Overview - Chinese Course II b - HSK 2
Language during lesson
Chinese and English
Duration per lesson
2-3 hours per lesson
Course Content and Learning Goals - Chinese Course II b - HSK 2
Topics covered in your course include:
- Continuing lessons in pinyin and the tonal system
- Continuing relevant grammar and vocabulary
- Functional language e.g. phrases for conversation
- Information on cultural norms and traditions
- Practical communicative activities
- Writing of more common Chinese characters
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Apply the new grammar rules
- Use the new vocabulary
- Use pinyin and the tonal systems in better ways
- Talk about recent activities and purchases
- Write a brief letter or formal email
- Use appropriate language to express gratitude and wishes
- Use appropriate language when shopping
- Use appropriate language when navigating public transport
- Talk more about Chinese culture and traditions
Practical Information - Chinese Course II b - HSK 2
€360 ( €390 for courses starting after 31/12/2022) (excluding the course book/including all course materials). Students/au pairs receive a €40 discount (student card number/details of host family must be provided).
Integrated Chinese 1 Textbook: Simplified Characters
; ISBN: 978-1-62291-135-6, €63,95.
If you purchase the book at Kickstart School, the price is reduced to €54
This book is used for all course levels.
- HSK Standard Course 2: Textbook; ISBN: 9787561937266, ± €29 (optional)
- HSK Standard Course 2: Workbook; ISBN: 9787561937808, ± €14 (optional)
These courses might be next: