Would you like your child aged 6-9 to learn the Dutch language in a fun way in order to integrate well into the Dutch society?
Ability is key to selecting the right course. It does not matter how old your child is.
The Level 3 course is for children who speak a fair amount of Dutch and who are ready to start reading Dutch in order to increase their literacy. At the end of 12 hours the children should be able to read an AVI 2/3 book.
In 60 minute lessons:
- The children get familiar with the Dutch language with the help of colourful illustrations that they have to describe.
- The children will play with a letter box and are trained how to connect sounds with letters.
- The children will make jig saws together and while doing so they are challenged to speak about it.
- A variety of kwartet games will be played and by asking and answering questions the children will improve their language skills.
- The children will read stories out loud and they are pushed to talk about what they have been reading.
- They children are being challenged to express themselves and to summarize stories that they have heard.
The curriculum has been developed with input from an experienced elementary school teacher who has worked with young children for many years. After the first 3 lessons, you will still have the option to opt-out. So why not give it a try?
Late enrollments are also accepted. The maximum group size will be 8 children.
Children can be dropped off and picked up from the school. However, it is also possible for the parent(s)/caregiver(s) to wait in a separate room at Kickstart, while children enjoy the Kickstart Dutch Kids Club.
Would you like to register your children and Level 3 is the right level for them? Click on course options and register, then mention in the comments box how many children you would like to enroll, the name and date of birth of the children and when you would like them to start. If you are not sure what level is best for them, please contact us to arrange an intake!
Overview - Kickstart Dutch Kids Club - Level 3
Language during lesson
Dutch and English
Duration per lesson
8 to 12 lessons per term
Course Content and Learning Goals - Kickstart Dutch Kids Club - Level 3
- Theme-oriented tasks
- Vocabulary expansion and focus on pronunciation
- Speaking, listening and reading are central
- Sentence structure and grammar are learned casually
- Discovering books in the Dutch language
- Gaining (and maintaining) fun with the Dutch language
- Increasing self-confidence
For more information on what is best for your child in your specific situation, please contact us by email, phone or through our registration/contact form.
Practical Information - Kickstart Kids Dutch Club - Level 3
215 Euro for 12 lessons (whole term)
145 Euro for 8 lessons
Or a percentage of this for the remaining lessons until the end of term
All course materials are included in the price.
Money back guarantee
Of course, we hope that you and the children are happy with the lessons. However, if it does not work out, it is still possible to opt out after 3 sessions. In that case, you can get a refund of the remaining course fee minus a 15 Euro administration fee.
Would you like to register your child(ren)?
Click the button below view course options and register, then mention in the comments box how many children you would like to enroll, the name and age of the children, and when you would like them to start. We will then get back to you to confirm!
*Please note that if this is your child's first time at Kickstart School we may first schedule an intake and language assessment to ensure they are placed in the best course.
These courses might be next: